Exclusive Shanghai TESOL Course
TEACH ENGLISH IN CHINA
12 June 2017 – 7 July 2017
Our Mission –
To prepare teachers with the skills necessary to deliver the foremost English education to Chinese students in Shanghai and throughout China by providing the following:
- 120-hour TESOL certificate co-validated and accredited by Fort Hays State University
- Thorough ESL pedagogy training
- Extensive teaching practice with peers and students in Chinese schools
- Guaranteed teaching placement
- Chinese cultural orientation
- Visa and travel assistance
- Hotel accommodation during TESOL Course (location TBD)
- Shanghai city guide and site-seeing tours
Shanghai is the nucleus of China’s unprecedented economic growth. While Shanghai has evolved into the city of the future, education reforms have reshaped schools throughout the city. Consequently, Shanghai students have ranked among the best in the world in international testing. However, parents understand that their children must continue to develop the skills necessary to compete in the global economy. This enthusiasm for education has created an exponential demand for quality English teachers. Education is the cornerstone of Chinese culture and English language skills have become a vital component in the Chinese formula for growth, development, and globalization.
Why teach English in Shanghai?
- TEFL Intl. is the only international TESOL course that provides university credit.
- TESOL certified teachers’ salaries range between $2,300 to $3,500 per month.
- English teachers can save between $1,000 and $1,500 per month.
- Work less than 25 hours per week, allowing ample time for travelling.
- Shanghai is a world culture center, blending traditional Chinese culture with the west.
- With a population of over 24 million, the EFL job market is massive and diverse in opportunities.
- Shanghai is home to the world’s largest subway system, making transportation cheap and efficient.
- Citizens of Shanghai can delve into famous Chinese cuisines and lifestyles while maintaining access to all the commodities from home.
Hayden Murray – Course Director/Co-Trainer
Hayden has been an educator for more than 7 years. He has taught special education, health science, and EFL. Hayden holds a B.A. in pre-law, political science and a 120-hour TESOL certification. While playing football at his university, Hayden garnered experience hosting and coaching youth football camps and clinics. Hayden has taught at private and public schools in Thailand, China, and the United States. While working as an ESL teacher in Thailand and China, Hayden developed ESL curriculum, assisted recruitment campaigns, and coordinated ESL camps. Hayden has also worked in law and politics in Kansas City and Washington D.C. He has worked on political campaigns, interned for the Security Industry Association, and interned for Federal Judge Julie Robinson in a U.S. District Court.
Sangita Banerjee – Lead TEFL Trainer
Sangita is a teacher, trainer, mentor for the past 24 years. She began her career in the classroom as a teacher and then moved into teacher training in the last decade. Along with TEFL/TESOL training in Thailand and India she has developed curriculum and designed training modules for other teaching contexts, including Pre and Primary Teachers Training and BETT (Business English Teacher training) and Train the Trainer programs. She has a Masters in ELT, a Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature, a Bachelor’s Degree in Education and has completed a PGDBA + MBA with specialization in HR. She has a TEFL International Certificate in TESOL and a Cambridge International Diploma in Teaching and Learning. She is also a qualified IELTS Trainer from British Council. Sangita has worked as a Lead Trainer and Academic Head for two international teacher training organizations.
Robert Bencivenga – Recruitment and Job Placement Coordinator
Robert is a teacher, counselor, and consultant, with a decade of experience in education. He has taught at both public and private schools, as well as training centers in the U.S. and China. He holds a BA in Psychology from Brooklyn College and an AA in Liberal Arts from Kingsborough Community College, both in his hometown of New York. He has worked as a human capital consultant, focusing on workforce management strategies. His time as a counselor in a public school was invaluable to his development as both an educator and educational consultant. He has worked with special needs children at length and in various settings. Roberts work as an intern in a mental health clinic has aided tremendously in his understanding of the psychological processes involved in learning and conditioning. He has worked in various sectors of the EFL industry for 4 years. He has an intimate understanding of the Chinese market, and a broad network of EFL employers.
Course Dates –
12 June 2017 – 7 July 2017
How to Apply –
1. Send your resume and a brief self-introduction to email@example.com
2. A course administrator will respond and coordinate a video or phone interview
3. Begin the brief application process by clicking the tab ”Apply Now”
4. Applicants that complete steps 1-3 will receive visa and travel instructions from a course administrator
As part of the course fee, each trainee will be provided hotel accommodation. The course will be held in the hotel conference room. Therefore, the entire TESOL class will be living and training in the same building for the duration of the course.
***hotel location TBD