• Approximately one hour by ferry from Hong Kong just inside the Chinese Mainland Border.
• One of the most exotic landscapes in the world.
• Zhuhai is a vibrant, modern, beautiful city, immersed in the heart of Chinese culture, history and tradition.
• Close proximity to Hong Kong, Macao, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Nanning and other major cities.
• Experience the wonder of mainland China and the magic of Hong Kong.
• A wealth of indoor and outdoor activities.
• Take Chinese language classes (Optional).
• Visit the Great Wall and other major Chinese landmarks.
• Does your home have over 5000 years of culture and history?
• Trainees get free meals 3 times a day from Monday to Friday. Lunch on Saturday, lunch + dinner on Sunday.
• Trainees get free local tours once or twice per course (depending on which course they take) that is organized in English with local adult English learners on the same outing, which are typical of the trainees’ future students in China.
• Trainees have an opportunity to mingle with local working adults in a less formal, but well organized and assisted setting to make friends with local professionals that want to improve their English (Outside what the course has).
• Mandarin classes are available at a reasonable price in trainees’ spare time (weekend or evenings).
Taichi practice with local people near school every day, free of charge.
• Italian food, Indian food, Thai food, western fast food and Chinese food of all flavours available in town.
• Internet access available at school within 30 minutes, for free. Internet cafes close by, for 35 cents per hour.
• 15 minutes bus ride to Macau border from our school site for 2 or 3 RMB. 1 hour ferry ride to Hong Kong. 2 hours bus ride to Guangzhou. 1 hour ferry ride to Shenzhen.
• Your fellow students come from many countries on many continents.
• Your teacher trainers are some of the most experienced and well-trained in the industry.
• Your support staff is extremely helpful, courteous and will assist you with whatever you need.
• The locals are peaceful, friendly people who generally like spending time with foreigners.
Zhuhai China Staff
Brad Cousins – Trainer
Australian. Gemini. Born 16 June, 1952. l first came to Asia to spend a year just travelling around, that was 1977. l never forgot the mostly good experiences. l still think it was the best thing l have ever done with my life, choosing the path less travelled. l then went back to Melbourne and became an English teacher in the secondary division. After 15 years though, l was in a rut and l knew it. Help came in an unexpected form, when there was a change in state government in late 1992. l applied for and was given one of the voluntary redundancy packages. Following that, l decided to head back to Asia. My plans were pretty vague, go to Japan, work hard for 5 years and then retire to a beach somewhere. I got as far as Bangkok, where l ended up staying for the next 10 or so years. l have taught in language schools, universities, bi-lingual programs in Thai private schools and also international schools. l have taught from kindergarten level to adults and find that each level has something to offer if the teacher is open to the experience.
I tried retirement a few years ago, and found out that l am not much good at it. Since l have returned to the class room with TEFL International, l find that l am enjoying the experience more than ever before and am planning a return to study in the near future. l have a Thai girlfriend in Ban Phe, we are buying some land to build our Thai style dream home on and between us, we care for about 40 dogs. l love listening to music, watching movies and sport, in particular Australian Rules Football, especially the Essendon Football Club.
Lead Trainer and Course Administrator
Zhuhai, TEFL International
Office Number: (+86-756) 2319716
Mobile Number: (+86) 15018315998 (+86) 15018315998
I was born in Hunan Province, China and grew up there. When I was a little girl, I dreamed of being a teacher very much because I was told that teaching was the most brilliant career in the world. So, I was determined to go to a teacher’s school after finishing middle school. 3 years later, I became a government teacher of English in my hometown and I enjoyed the experience very much.
Around that time, many people came to Guangdong province to begin ventures. Lots of them seemed to enjoy themselves very much, which made me itchy to try, too. So after a lot of effort, I made an agreement with the government and came to Guangdong province.
I went to Guangzhou and tried working in different fields until I found out that teaching was still my favourite job. I taught 1 year in a college environment before teaching in a private school as an English teacher.
I used to work and study very hard. I went part time to a Teacher’s College in my hometown, while I was teaching there and earned my diploma. After arriving in Guangzhou, I went part time again to South China Normal University and obtained a BA, majoring in English Education. Along the way I increased my skills, deepened my understanding of students and different learning environments, and became a more proficient teacher.
About 5 years ago, in August, 2006 I got a job working as a trainer in TEFL International after taking the course and getting the TESOL Certificate. I always find it enjoyable to work here because I can meet people from all over the world and learn about different cultures from them. Most importantly, the working environment in TEFL International is very pleasant; the staff members in TEFL International care about each other so much. They are always happy to share their experience and ready to help each other.
I like teaching in TEFL International, not only because I can teach, but also because I can help train would-be teachers from around the world. That is incredibly stimulating and satisfying!
How to Apply: Fill out an application form and take that next step towards learning amidst the surreal beauty and excitement of Zhuhai.
Our Program: TEFL International provides both the training and practical experience necessary to become a successful teacher of English as a foreign language. Participants will acquire a pedagogic understanding of English
grammar, develop essential classroom skills, and learn the mechanics of effective teaching.
Our program will ensure that you can effectively teach with confidence and find jobs worldwide.Our mission is to give you the best TEFL experience possible leaving you with the tools needed to teach English classes of all levels, feel comfortable choosing adequate materials to teach effective classes, and feel confident to teach classes using a variety of materials, techniques, and methods. Our program will put you past all the headaches of trying to learn how to teach and will get you the best jobs immediately.
Course Content: This is a 4-week intensive course. The program is divided daily into two parts. Mornings consist of seminars and workshops focusing on language analysis and teaching methodology. Afternoons center on teaching practice, which takes place in small, supervised groups.Trainees will teach real classes—approximately 4 — that are properly prepared, observed, then discussed in feedback sessions. Completion of lesson planning and several written assignments take place out of class.
- 17 October – 11 November
- 28 November – 22 December
- 23 October – 17 November
- 4 December – 21 December
- 19 March – 13 April
- 30 April – 25 May
- 11 June – 6 July
- 15 November – 9 November
- 26 November – 21 December
- 24 December – 18 January
The total price is divided into: deposit and balance. The deposit may be paid via a) credit card b) Paypal c) wire transfer d) Western Union. The balance of the course fee must be paid by cash, PayPal or bank transfer directly to the training center on the first day of the course.
The accommodation fees are not part of the course price and you are free to choose whichever accommodation option you prefer. You are not obliged to use the accommodation options we provide so you are welcome to make your own accommodation arrangements if you wish. If you choose to use one of our accommodation options, it should be paid for directly to the provider upon arrival.
Directions in Chinese Character
Take the train from the airport to the last stop, Hong Kong. Travel time is approximately 20 minutes and costs $100HK.
Take the taxi to the Macau ferry terminal – travel time is approximately 10 minutes and costs $25HK. Buy a ticket for the ferry on third floor of the mall at a travel agency across from the ferry terminal entrance. Take the ferry to Zhuhai – travel time is approximately 1hr and 10 minutes. You may get RMB currency from the bank machine in the hotel lobby to your left when you are exiting the Zhuhai ferry terminal. Take a taxi to the Gateway Language Village (柠溪路香洲文化广场平和英语B区二楼) – travel time is approximately 20 minutes and costs 30 RMB. Use the map and the directions in Chinese characters provided here to direct the cab driver. Travel time is approximately 2 and a half to 3 hours.
Zhuhai, China Tourist Links
Join TEFL Course China for getting a job of Teaching English China. This TESOL Course China will also enable you to Teach English Abroad. So why wait, join TEFL Course China now. Local circumstances and extras may change without notice.
- Stay in a hotel, which is about $450 or so for a course.
- Share with another trainee in a bedroom in the dorm at $125 for a course.
- Stay in an apartment, 2 spare rooms available now for $200, utilities included.
- Rent their own room for 100-400 USD per month. The price varies depending on the quality of the room.