Life in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Costa Rica has long been renowned for the friendliness of its people, high standard of education, enlightened environmental policies, and for its peaceful,
democratic government. Most of all, Costa Rica is famous for its stunning natural beauty and the density and diversity of its exotic flora and fauna.
From the misty cloud forests in the mountains and active volcanoes to pristine rainforests and lush tropical coasts, Costa Rica holds something special for everyone who visits.
The town of Manuel Antonio occupies a unique place on Costa Rica’s central pacific coast where the rainforest sweeps down from the mountains to greet a series of warm palm-fringed beaches. One can’t help but be awestruck by the juxtaposition of such varying natural elements.
Bordered by one of the nation’s most stunning national parks to the south, Manuel Antonio is a living paradise and a nature lover’s dream. The trees are alive with tropical birds of all description and home to three species of monkey, including the rare mono titi (1200-1300 left in existence). Wild orchids and butterflies abound as well as sloths and the inquisitive coati. Forays into the national park may reveal some of the country’s more elusive wildlife.
Manuel Antonio boasts a series of magnificent beaches that are the perfect place for studying alone or for just spending a day with new friends. Additionally, there are many adventure-based activities available in Manuel Antonio including hiking, horseback riding, surfing, rainforest canopy tours, river rafting, and sea kayaking.
Manuel Antonio’s sister city Quepos, which is where our school is located, provides a glimpse into traditional Costa Rican life and hospitality. Located just a few minutes from our campus, this small town can be easily explored on foot, and yet for its size, Quepos offers an astonishing assortment of international restaurants as well as shops, Internet cafes, beaches, a farmer’s market and a colorful nightlife.
From the bohemian feel on the beach and the sunset bars and restaurants clinging to the hillside to the authenticity and charm of Quepos, a visitor is certain to find a niche (or two) to call one’s own Experience all this while studying for a TESOL certificate. A TESOL certification is your passport to job opportunity in exotic and culturally fascinating locales the world over. However, after getting a certification in Costa Rica, you may never want to leave this earthly paradise again.
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Tourist Links
Join TEFL Course Costa Rica and start Teaching English in Costa Rica now. Using this TESOL Course Costa Rica you can Teach English Abroad anytime.
So why wait, get TEFL Course Costa Rica and Teach English now.
Note: Local circumstances and extras may change without notice
TEFL International Costa Rica has moved to a new location due to a recent flooding. Below is their current location until further notice.
En frente de la Escuela Republica de Corea
Edificio Papa Papalote, segundo piso
Quepos, Costa Rica
How to Apply
Fill out an application form and take that next step towards learning amidst the natural splendor of Costa Rica
- We are in QUEPOS
• The town of Manuel Antonio, which is three and a half hours from the capital city of San Jose via bus or just 20 minutes via an inexpensive domestic flight
• In the rainforest on the central pacific coast
• Less than six kilometers from Manuel Antonio National Park
• Minutes from the beaches
• Within walking distance of Quepos
• Close to great restaurants and exciting nightlife
- Course administered by highly trained staff with extensive local knowledge
• Organized classes and a curriculum that has been proven successful and effective
• Low student to teacher ratio (most classes are small, with no more than 16 students in any one class)
• Teaching practice in the local schools with real students
• A high demand within Costa Rica for qualified English teachers
• Locally abundant flora and fauna including monkeys, sloths and parrots
• Minutes from some of the county’s most beautiful beaches and Manuel Antonio National Park
- Your teacher trainers are some of the most experienced and well-trained in the industry
• Your support staff is extremely helpful, courteous and will assist you wherever possible
• An interesting international student population affording cultural learning at its best
•Friendly, helpful and charming locals
- 18 January – 12 February
- 17 February – 15 March
- 21 March – 15 April
- 20 April – 17 May
- 23 May – 17 June
- 20 June – 15 July
- 20 July – 16 August
- 22 August – 16 September
- 21 September – 18 October
- 24 October – 18 November
- 23 November – 20 December
The total price is divided into: deposit and balance. The deposit may be paid via a) credit card b) Paypal c) wire transfer d) Western Union. The balance of the course fee must be paid by cash, PayPal or bank transfer directly to the training center on the first day of the course.
The accommodation fees are not part of the course price and you are free to choose whichever accommodation option you prefer. You are not obliged to use the accommodation options we provide so you are welcome to make your own accommodation arrangements if you wish. If you choose to use one of our accommodation options, it should be paid for directly to the provider upon arrival.