Alexandria – the pearl of the Mediterranean. Welcome to one of the most historic, yet cosmopolitan cities in the world. People such as Cleopatra, Alexander the Great and Napoleon have all been enchanted by the beauty of the Nile Delta. Now it is your turn!
As E.M. Forster once said, “The best way to see Alexandria is to wander aimlessly”. As you stroll through the streets, you will be astounded, not only by the diverse architecture, but also by the intensely “different” atmosphere. Alex has a surprising blend of cultures, from Middle Eastern to Mediterranean, from Islamic to Coptic Christian. Around every bend, there is a fresh example of one of these cultures – new treasures just waiting to be found.
From the fort at Qaitbey to the presidential palace and gardens of Montazah, Alex stretches for 20 Km along the coast of the Med. Some of the most intriguing sights include the Biblioteca Alexandrina, the Greco-Roman museum, and the Mosque of Abu el-Abbas el Mursi – one of the finest of its kind.
Both the school and the accommodation are located within very easy walking distance of the sea and various entertainment and eating possibilities. Transport around the city is cheap and easy, for those who wish to see more of this amazing place. Situated only 250 Km from Cairo, Alex is an easy starting point for a trip around Egypt, and the perfect place to study for your teaching certificate!
Teaching English in Alexandria Egypt
How to apply
Fill out an application form and take that next step towards learning amidst the surreal beauty and cultural diversity of Alexandria.
FREE – Excursion to Cairo to see the Pyramids, Sphinx, the Pharaonic monuments and the Egyptian museum.
• View the city map
• View map of Egypt
• Antiquities both above and below its crystal waters
• Second largest city of Egypt and main port
• Beautiful beaches within a few hours’ drive
• Numerous diving opportunities
• Study with TEFL International, and gain a qualification that will allow you to teach English worldwide
• Learn new skills in a friendly and comfortable environment
• Visit some of the most amazing sights in the Middle East
• Soak up the atmosphere and follow in the footsteps of some of the most famous people in history
• Swim with the fishes or dive among fantastic coral reefs
Course Center Staff
Alexandria, Egypt – Lead Trainer
• Your fellow students come from a diverse range of countries and backgrounds
• Your trainers are some of the most experienced and well-trained in the business
• Your support network is intensive and will follow you around the globe as you embark on your teaching career
• The local people are friendly and helpful, and are always pleased to meet and interact with foreigners
Arabic Cultural Immersion Program
Get a TESOL Certificate, have a first hand, real life teaching experience, learn a new language and experience an interesting culture; all in one program! Make the best use of your time in the Middle East: teach English and learn Arabic. TEFL International will offer internships to Egypt trainees who successfully complete the TEFL International TESOL Certificate.The 6-week internship consists of a 60-hour Arabic course including cultural immersion activities. In the afternoons, interns will teach their own EFL classes, a maximum of 10 hours per week, to gain practical experience of the more advanced areas of teaching, such as administrative issues, conducting a full-course load of teaching, AND getting the experience of working with TEFL International.In order to qualify, the intern will have to:
• Achieve a satisfactory performance in the TESOL certificate program, including the teaching practice
• Be willing to work in a professional environment while being a foreign language student
• By the end of the internship period, the intern will receive a Certificate of the Arabic course, and a letter of reference from TEFL International Egypt stating the job(s) he/she has performed.
If you are interested in the internship, please mention this on your application form.
Alexandria, Egypt Tourist Links
Join TEFL Course Egypt and start Teaching English in Egypt now. Using this TESOL Course Egypt you can Teach English Abroad anytime.
So why wait, get TEFL Course Egypt and Teach English now.
Note: Local circumstances and extras may change without notice
This TEFL International Course conducted by a separate company working as a subcontractor of TEFL International and is not a non-profit organization.
- 4 February 2018 – 1 March 2018
- 11 March 2018 – 1 April 2018
- 15 April 2018 – 10 May 2018
- 13 May 2018 – 7 June 2018
- 24 June 2018 – 19 July 2018
- 22 July 2018 – 16 August 2018
- 2 September 2018 – 27 September 2018
- 30 September 2018 – 25 October 2018
- 28 October 2018 – 22 November 2018
- 25 November 2018 – 20 December 2018
The total price is divided into: deposit and balance.
The deposit may be paid via a) credit card b) Paypal c) wire transfer d) Western Union.
The balance of the course fee must be paid by cash, PayPal or bank transfer directly to the training centre on the first day of the course.
The accommodation fees are not part of the course price and you are free to choose whichever accommodation option you prefer.
You are not obliged to use the accommodation options we provide so you are welcome to make your own accommodation arrangements if you wish. If you choose to use one of our accommodation options, it should be paid for directly to the provider upon arrival.
Map – Alexandria, Egypt Center
Directions to School from the Stanly Bridge
Several restaurants and cafes line the street around Stanley Bridge. Towards one end of the Bridge are Pizzeria Minouche, Hardee’s, and Little Caesar’s. At the other end are Costa Coffee, Mo’men, and Beano’s. The school is located down a small side street to the right (east) of Mo’men and Beano’s (formerly Domino’s Pizza). The door to the school is to the right of the painted sign.
The training center and accommodation are located at Bianky, a beach resort area 15 kilometers to the west of Alexandria’s city center. Our campus is located 200 meters away from Paradise Beach. You will enjoy the laid back green surroundings with easy access to Paradise private beach most of the year. Some classes will also take place in our EFL School in the Stanley area of Alexandria’s city center.
Accommodations are available from the Friday before the course begins through the Friday following the final week of the course at 11 am.