One of the most popular reasons for choosing Indonesia as the location to take part in one of our courses is the opportunity to experience living and working in this country’s unique and diverse culture.
The area around Surabaya offers many different attractions to its visitors, the most famous of which is Mount Bromo. It is possible to hike to the top of this active volcano to watch the sunrise, while also witnessing the cauldron of fire that is contained within the volcano’s huge crater.
As Surabaya and its neighbouring city of Malang are both large centres of business, you can expect to find a wide choice of entertainment in the area. The busy streets of both cities contain a wide variety of restaurants, nightclubs, theatres, as well as plenty of shopping areas. Eating out is a very popular activity in Indonesia. The local people will often travel great distances to eat at a small roadside kiosk that has been recommended to them. These small eateries usually only offer one or two items on the menu, but they are often of the highest quality.
Surabaya also provides a good base for exploring other parts of Java as it has good rail links and a well maintained road system. There are also good air services from the city to other parts of the country. One place you should not miss is the tropical paradise of Bali, which is only a short 30 minute flight away. This beautiful island can also be reached by bus or car, followed by a short trip on a local ferry.
Another popular excursion from Surabaya is to visit the island of Madura, also in the east java region. This island has a unique culture and is famous for its bull races which involve young jockeys being pulled along a 100 metre course by a pair of bulls. Although these races last for only 10 to 15 seconds they provide quite a spectacle for locals and visitors alike.
The area also offers some fascinating cultural sites such as the ancient temples left by the Majapahit Empire which flourished between the 14th and 16th centuries. The kingdom was influenced by Hinduism, Buddhism and Islam and has been the subject of many recent archaeological explorations. In more recent times, this area of eastern Java was famous for being at the forefront of Indonesia’s fight for independence from colonial rule following World War II.
So if relaxing in the serenity of a peaceful fishing village isn’t your choice, how about one of the world’s top international resort destinations? Located right in Surabaya and near some of the most beautiful beaches and scenery in the world, our TESOL Course Indonesia center is, if not in paradise, at least next door to it. With a wide variety of social and cultural activities, water sports and other activities, vibrant nightlife, delectable Indonesian cuisine, friendly people and close proximity to an abundance of teaching opportunities, Surabaya (and surrounding areas) is sure to have what you are looking for in a learning location.
How to Apply
Fill out an application form and take that next step towards learning amidst the big city buzz and excitement of Surabaya
• Historic Surabaya
• Close proximity to some of the most amazing beaches in the world
• Near a thriving nightlife scene and plenty of restaurants, shops and other activities
• Live in one of the most exciting cities in the world, and be central to a lot of places like Bali, Jakarta and Kalimantan (Borneo)
• Administered by highly trained staff with extensive knowledge of Surabaya and surrounding areas
• Immerse yourself in an inviting, friendly culture while gaining the experience and knowledge that will enable you to live and work abroad for years to come
• Empower yourself to live, travel and work in the land of amazing grace and beauty
Surabaya, Indonesia Center Staff
Surabaya, Indonesia – Lead Trainer
• Your fellow students come from many countries on many continents
• Your teacher are some of the most experienced and well trained in the industry
• Your support staff is extremely helpful, courteous and will assist you with whatever you need
• The locals are peaceful, friendly people who generally like spending time with foreigners
Surabaya Indonesia – Course Description and FAQs
Surabaya Indonesia – Course Description and FAQs
Surabaya, Indonesia Tourist Links
• Planning on living or working in Indonesia? www.expat.or.id/
• Complete listing of Foreign Embassies in Jakarta
• Restaurants in Surabaya
• Photos of Indonesia and Asia
Join the TESOL Course Indonesia. You’ll work hard, and you’ll be prepared to Teach English Abroad.
So why wait, get this TEFL Certification from Indonesia now.
Note: Local circumstances and extras may change without notice
This TEFL International Course conducted by a separate company working as a subcontractor of TEFL International and is not a non-profit organization.
- 5 February 2018 – 28 February 2018
- 5 March 2018 – 30 March 2018
- 2 April 2018 – 27 April 2018
- 7 May 2018 – 31 May 2018
- 4 June 2018 – 29 June 2018
- 2 July 2018 – 27 July 2018
- 6 August 2018 – 31 August 2018
- 3 September 2018 – 28 September 2018
- 1 October 2018 – 26 October 2018
- 5 November 2018 – 30 November 2018
The total price is divided into: deposit and balance.
The deposit may be paid via a) credit card b) Paypal c) wire transfer d) Western Union.
The balance of the course fee must be paid by cash, PayPal or bank transfer directly to the training center on the first day of the course.
The accommodation fees are not part of the course price and you are free to choose whichever accommodation option you prefer.
You are not obliged to use the accommodation options we provide so you are welcome to make your own accommodation arrangements if you wish. If you choose to use one of our accommodation options, it should be paid for directly to the provider upon arrival.
Our Surabaya TEFL training center has two recommended accommodation options for you to choose from. Just a short walk from the center we can provide a room in a furnished apartment that includes a private bathroom, air-conditioning and Wi-Fi access. The apartment also has a laundry service and a shared living area where you can socialize with your fellow trainees in your free time. In the area around the apartments you will find plenty of facilities such as bars and restaurants, as well as a gym with a large swimming pool.
Alternatively, you may prefer our second, more spacious apartment option that is situated about 20 minutes from the center via inexpensive local transport. Both options include all bedding but we do ask that you provide your own towels. We can also accommodate any family members that you wish to bring with you, providing you notify us in advance. Once you have confirmed your place on our course we will send you further information regarding your accommodation options.