Comprehensive Online TESOL Certificate Course
A TEFL certificate is normally enough if you are only planning on teaching English for a short time while traveling. Although some countries also require you to have a degree, that degree doesn't normally have to be related to teaching with a TEFL certificate in your possession.
But what if you decide you want to pursue the career long-term?
Then you will need to invest some more time and energy into attaining a TESOL bachelor degree, these are normally either a B.Ed. or B.A. or if you already have some form of bachelor degree you could even start with a Master's degree, M.A. or M.Ed.
Some universities will recognize that lovely TEFL certificate as prior learning giving you a discount in tuition fees and reduction in study time for your Bachelor degree. But not all universities and if you decide to jump straight ahead to your Master's degree then it certain won't be considered.
How is this certificate any different?
- Well the first difference is that this certificate course is being jointly provided by TEFL international and Paris College of International Education. So as well as a certificate you will receive a university transcript that can definately be used as prior learning at any university that accepts transferred credits. Not only for a bachelor degree but even for a master's degree!
- The second difference is in the name. English teachers in general love our acronyms and we have so many. TESL, TEFL, TESOL, etc. What do they all mean?
Let's look at the differences.
|Teaching English as a Foreign Language
|Teaching English as a Second Language
|Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
|Programs in English-speaking countries for students whose first language is other than English.
|Programs in countries where English is not the primary language and is not commonly spoken.
|Is a all-round program for the field of teaching English, that includes both TESL and TEFL.
Degree (Bachelor or Master's)
To sum it up TEFL is sepcialized for teaching in Non-English environments, TESL is specialized for teaching in English speaking environments. However, both are sepcialization, that is why they are not offered as a bachelor degree. They assume a teacher already has a degree and this is just for added skills.
Alternatively, TESOL coveres teaching English to non-native speakers regardless of where they live. Also TESOL is a full degree not simply an addon specialization.
Advantages of our Comprehensive TESOL Certificate.
- Let's you try teaching English without investing huge amounts of time and money!
- Doesn't waste the time and money you spent when you decide!
- Supported by both TEFL International and Paris College of Internation Education.
- Courses designed by actual teachers with many decades of experience.
- Delivered online so you can study at your own pace.
- Tutor support avaialable.
- Practical hands-on experience available if needed.