Phnom Penh - Cambodia
Phnom Penh is the capital and most populous city of Cambodia. Located on the banks of the Tonlé Sap and Mekong River, Phnom Penh has been the national capital since French colonization of Cambodia over 100 years ago, and has grown to become the nation’s center of economic and industrial activity, as well as the center of security, politics, cultural heritage, and diplomacy of Cambodia.
Once known as the “Pearl of Asia,” it was considered one of the loveliest French-built cities in Indochina in the 1920s. Phnom Penh, along with Siem Reap and Sihanoukville, are significant global and domestic tourist destinations for Cambodia.
Around Phnom Penh, there are mountains, jungles, rivers, waterfalls, a zoo, casino, and a lot more. The largest mangrove forest in Asia is located here on the coast.
With bicycles and motorcycles available for rent, there are great options for self-exploration in the city and in the wider province.
For those who prefer less strenuous activities there are many restaurants and bars. At night the river front past the bridge comes alive after 4pm. Sugarcane juice vendors and various others sell BBQ meat, beer etc. It is a nice walk and a great way to take in the life of the city.
Go TEFL Asia is situated in a typical Cambodian classroom style facility close to the centre of Phnom Penh and the city’s vibrant markets, shops, accommodation, bars and restaurants. Our TEFL training centre is designated to be environmentally friendly and has all the amenities that you could require. Our facility is within easy reach of the local schools that TEFL trainees do their observation and teaching practices at.
Our trainers are experienced teachers and trainers that will guide you on your way to become an English foreign/second language teacher. They will share their insight into the life of an EFL/ESL teacher as well as providing you with all the tools to effectively teach a fun, inspiring class. You will learn different teaching methodologies, classroom management techniques and have fun on your journey to becoming a qualified TEFL graduate with TEFL International Cambodia.
In addition to our sterling curriculum, we also offer many activities and opportunities to get our students more connected to Phnom Penh. Your tuition doesn’t just cover your course work. It also allows us to organize cultural outings, dinner, group activities, celebrations, and field trips to those interested in falling as in love with Phnom Penh as we are!
- Live, study and teach in one of the most exciting cities in the world
- Experience the wonders of another culture
- Great food, great people and a wealth of experience
- Weekend options for travel to the beach, and Angkor Wat
- Work opportunities where you can make a difference
- A safe living and working environment
- World class TESOL instructors to support you in developing your teaching
- Fellow trainees from all over the world
- Supportive staff to assist you
- Naturally helpful and friendly Khmer people
The total price is divided into: deposit and balance.
- The deposit may be paid via a) credit card b) Paypal c) wire transfer d) Western Union. - ???
- The balance of the course fee must be paid by cash, PayPal or bank transfer directly to the training centre on the first day of the course. - ???
The accommodation fees are not part of the course price and you are free to choose whichever accommodation option you prefer. You are not obliged to use the accommodation options we provide so are welcome to make your own accommodation arrangements if you wish.
If you choose to use one of our accommodation options, it should be paid for directly to the provider upon arrival.
Our accommodation is $200 and up.
We have ongoing arrangements with several local hotels and guesthouses that provide our students with special monthly rates.
- Guest house or hotel
- Hostel or dorm
- An Apartment
- Stay with a host family
Who is the academic director at this center?
- MATL in TESOL; MA in Intercultural Management & Training
- English Language Specialist with US State Dept.
- 15+ years in TESOL certificate training; 25+ years in teacher education
- 30+ years teaching experience
- 30 years experience living and teaching in Asia